Sell Your Duplex!
Click the link above to watch a quick video to learn how to make the most money possible off of your investment property. As investors we know you've worked hard on this investment and deserve to make as much money as possible off of it. There are a few easy things you can do that will makes you tens of thousands of dollars very easily.
1. Leave at least one side vacant or month to month. This gives the new buyer flexibility to do what they want with it, which could be living in it.
2. Make it look great and make sure you get professional pictures taken! A little bit of cleaning up can go a long way and use a photographer to showcase this. People first see your property online and you need them to be excited to look further.
3. Fix any glaring issues with the property. Don't know what's wrong? Ask your tenants, they'll be happy to tell you.
4. Make showing the property as easy as possible. Properties that can be seen before an accepted offer sell for more, always. Make sure people can get into one or both units without too much hassle.
5. Make sure the rents are at or above market! Raise your rents before you sell, this will be attractive to any new buyer. People never pay as much when the rents are low. Your Realtor or Rentometer.com are a great way to find out what you should be getting for rent.
If you follow this 5 simple points we guarantee you'll sell for more! It may take a little bit of work but the payoff is tremendous. Don't just leave it for the buyer to do, they'll pay you more if it's done.